My dear readers, I’ve made an important decision for now. I am going to stop with this blog’Stories from an adoptee’. It was a very intensive and wonderful journey with you. Reason for stopping is that I don’t feel the need to write about my adoption anymore. It feels like writing about it helped me accepting my adoption totally. It took me to the next level. Writing stories and reading stories about adoption healed me in a certain way. It feels like writing down my stories confirmed my my thoughts ideas about adoption even more. It feels like this blog helped me truly believing the things I thought before. It helped believing in myself and that my thoughts are ok. I noticed that so many other people thought the same things. Now I truly 100% support my own thoughts about adoption. I couldn’t do this on my own, thank you! I am gratefull for all the extraordinary moments and events that happened to me. I learned so much and would like to share some wonderful moments with you:
- I interviewed famous adoptees like Samantha Futerman and Jenna Ushkowitz from Kindred foundation.
- My stories have been published by so many different media. Adoption Today, China Children International, Im adopted, kindred foundation, No hands but ours and Jean Mac Leod Adoption toolbox, thank you for your support!
- I was also inspired by other famous adoptees and adoption parents. I found out that their opinions and stories were just like mine. We don’t difference that much, we share the same beginning. Their quotes and ideas gave me comforth and new insights. I shared many quotes of them on my facebook.
- I found out that there are so many wonderful adoption organisation worldwide. Organisation like I’m adopted, Adoption Today, China children international, Friends of families with Childrem from China New England, Touching Home in China, Intercountry adoptee voices, and United Adoptees International Foundation are great. It makes me happy that there is so much good in the world. Keep going on with your work.
- I found that adoption is worldwide and I am not alone who is adopted. I am part of some wonderful adoption groups now on facebook. It is nice to be part of a worldwide group online who share the same thoughts and ideas.
- I Got to learn other adoption bloggers, guess Im not the only one who wants to create more awareness! For example: Jean Mac Leod Adoption toolbox, No Bohns about it or diary of not so angry adoptee are wonderful blogs.
- I also realised that I really love writing, painting and photographing. These hobbys are a passion of mine! I hope one day I will publish my stories, drawings and poems.
- I am also inspired by the adoption stories from other adoptees who I interviewed. For example Katie Holz, Kate Williams, Charlotte Cotter from China Children International and Jean Macleod. Thank you all for opening your heart to me.
- I also reveived wonderful comments on my stories and those reactions were heartwarming. Lovely to notice that my stories really touch people. It feels like a gift that my stories touch people.
- I Got so much support online! Thank you guys for sharing, liking, tweeting and mailing my stories. So many people visited my blog, that is wonderful! More than 16,631 people visited my blog from all over the world!
- I got some incredibly results of people who followed me: 720 people followed me on facebook and 62 followed me on wordpress. More than 250 people subscribed for my mailing list and I received 10 beautiful personal mails from readers.
- Furhermore I got to meet other adoptees in real life which brought me to new adoption projects. For example Project Adopted with Ton Sondag.
But most at all I could share my thoughts and insights with the people I love most; my family. Thank you mom and dad for your feedback on my blog. Thank you parents for reading every item and talking about adoption. My brothers, thank you for liking my stories, reading them and commenting them. Those letters I wrote for you are my gifts for you. My sister in law, thank you for your liking and sharing othet stories with me. Finally my love of my life, thank you for being there for me, always. You enrich my life and I am happy to be a part of our family.
I guess I wrote so many stories that my blog became a memoir. Let these memoirs be for my biological mother. She was the reason for writing these stories afterall. I wrote my first adoption letter for her when I was five. now Ill write my last adoption blog for her, twenty years later. Dear you if I will never find you, let this be the remembrance that I will never forget you. This is my gift for you. You were always there with me. You are my reflection in the mirror, my wish upon a star, my dream of my dreams and my hope. Ill never forget you ….xiè xiè!
Love, The Happy Panda!